My Next Class at the Shocking Real Life Academy!
Shoot, Edit, Upload, and Embed Compelling Video Online Like a Pro
Tuesday, May 3, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Fact: Original video increases your web views, improves your online search engine rank, and gives your audience more insight into you and your company. With the explosion of online marketing, multimedia journalism and citizen reporting, the ability to shoot your own video is essential. Get this: Youtube is now the second most popular search engine in the world (behind Google) with 300 million worldwide visitors a month.
But just pressing the record button is only a start. How do you create that next viral video (or just get your family, friends or potential customers to watch)? Whether you're a proficient poster or a broadcast beginner, this seminar will teach you industry professional techniques to market yourself, your business, and expand your writing to a "multi-platform" level using video. More importantly, you'll learn broadcast video tips to telling your online story so it stands out from the rest. Believe us, it's way easier, cheaper and more fun than you think.
In this 2.5-hour, hands-on workshop you will:
- Compare the easiest, cheapest, most user friendly video equipment to use (web cams, cell phones, HD pocket cams - and even how to create exciting videos with just photographs)
- Discover why Youtube is your best, easiest tool for hosting video
- Master the skills to upload, edit, font and embed videos into your site
- Understand the basics of story telling, lighting and focus
- Collect tips on getting professional quality audio
- Optimize your online video so audiences can find you
- Get the hot sites and platforms for posting your work
- Learn how online video can propel you to the next step of your career
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP AND ANY VIDEO EQUIPMENT YOU ALREADY HAVE FOR HANDS-ON HELP
100% Safe and Secure – We are PayPal verified. Click now and you’ll get an immediate email confirming your seat (please confirm your paypal e-mail is current). Instant confirmation only available online.
(to pay by check, scroll to the end of this post)
The Shocking Real Life Center for Continuing Education location:
We are now located in the historic Castleberry Artist district in Atlanta! Click HERE for directions from your location to our storefront space at 313 Nelson St., Atlanta, GA 30313!
Because we don’t do boring.
|Enroll now to save $10 for the Tuesday, May 3, 6:30 - 9 pm
Price: 59.00 (reg. $69.00)
To pay by check:
We’re located just west of Downtown Atlanta. Our Atlanta seminar students come from Fulton, Dekalb, Cobb, and Gwinnett County. They come from midtown, Marietta, Norcross, Sandy Springs, near the perimeter, outside the perimeter, on Peachtree or north of metro Atlanta. That includes Suwanee, Lithonia, Lawrenceville, Kennesaw, Emory, Douglasville, Decatur, Chamblee, Conyers, Buford, Alpharetta, Saturn, Pluto, and the ocassional escapee from the nearest black hole.
- Write a check for the cost of the class payable to “Jim Hackler” and mail to Jim Hackler, 115 W. Peachtree Place, NW Suite 417, Atlanta, GA 30313-1960 (this is not the location of the school).
- Send Jim a note at jim@TheUrbaneEnvironmentalist.com. Include your name, email, which seminar you are signing up for, and the date the check was mailed.
- When Jim receives your email, he will email you a preliminary confirmation. After Jim receives your check, you will get a confirmation email notifying you that you are registered in your Shocking Real Life course.. . . . .
Refund policy: Enrollment is limited. If you need to cancel your registration for a class or seminar, please notify jim@TheUrbaneEnvironmentalist.com by email as soon as possible. Refunds, minus a $15 administration cost, will be remitted for cancellation notifications made up to two weeks in advance of elected seminar. For cancellations made up to one week in advance of the elected seminar, a credit, good for three months, will be issued towards a future Shocking Real-Life class or seminar of the same price. Any cancellation made within one week of the elected seminar results in forfeiture of the registration fee.
I also teach continuing education classes to Realtors and writing classes to budding journalists and public relation professionals. I hold a Master of Arts in Journalism from the University of Georgia and a Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications from the University of Florida.
Teach class about Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) with a special focus on the environmental benefits. The class is offered through the Greater Atlanta HBA (taught at the HBA education center or available offsite) and is approved for 3 continuing education credits for Georgia real estate agents.
- Learn the secrets to selling TNDs and why many homebuyers find it superior to conventional projects.
- Focus on the benefits of TNDs and understand the mindset of the homebuyer who finds it so desirable.
Teach an "Eco-Journalism Seminar" at the Shocking Real Life Writing Academy for professional writers interested in covering sustainability, or a business with a green story to tell – allows students to tap into the incredible interest in “global warming” while it's hot! The class provides an overview of environmental issues while helping writers understand what editors are looking for in “green” stories.
- What constitutes a “green” or “environmental” story.
- What is “green washing.”
- What new publications cover the environmental market.
- What existing publications have started columns and special issues dedicated to green.
- How to tap into credible environmental sources and make technical topics into consumer oriented pieces
- How to position and pitch a green story
- How to make money with green marketing